Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Patch and More

The newly exposed, about to be gone fireplace in our bedroom
Another attempt at applique' - so much fun to do when I have time (whenever that is...)

Abby posing at the patch

Beau taking a spin on a tractor

They had these huge bins full of corn for the kids to play in, which they loved.

The hayride took us out to the pumpkin patches. It was really neat - you got to go pick your little pumpkins right off the vine, and pick your bigger pumpkins and have Daddy cut it off the vine. The kids just loved it. The weird thing for me is how flat it is here compared to Tennessee...
Scarecrow Abby

Mommy and Abby on the hayride
Beau and the farmer that drove the hayride - Beau told him he had a boo-boo on his hand so he is checking it out.We had a fun weekend going to the pumpkin patch. We managed to squeeze it in on Saturday evening despite Daddy being on call and working A TON of the weekend. The patch was neat with lots of fun things to do. The kids loved everything with the exception of the corn maze. They complained (per Toby) the entire time they were walking through it, and Beau insisted that Toby carry him. (Mommy was paying for the pumpkins and sadly had to miss this experience.) I told Toby afterwards that Abby is way too Type A to take into a corn maze anyways - no direction, no plan, etc. Not her idea of a good time at all. We got to watch a pig race, play in corn bins, swing, hayride, ride tractors, pick out pumpkins, etc. etc. Lots of fun. We have been staying fairly busy here. We also (finally) started trying to redo our bedroom. Notice in the top picture the newly busted out fireplace!! We are getting rid of that thing and reclaiming about 1/4 of our bedroom! Yay! Also getting rid of the green and yellow crackled walls, new carpet, etc. I am very excited, so stay tuned for more pictures!

5 comments:

Andrew and Carter's Mom said...

Love all the new pictures! Is that a Hannah Montana shirt I see on Abby in the first picture!! The pumpkin patch looks like so much fun! I can't believe we have nothing like that around here in Chattanooga. Beau looks like he's getting tall and lean, wonder where he gets that from! I also love the elephant applique, I would ask for one if I had a girl! great talking to you tonight, we have to do that more often.

Ryan said...

I love pumpkin patches!!! Glad you guys had a good time. So, Mary Paul has the same pajamas as Beau but in pink. She loves them.

Julie said...

There's always a project at the Smith house! I wish we had a little more talent around here. How did you learn how to do the appliques? Did you take a class? I really want to make some for the girls

Mandy said...

Hey Dee Dee...I just got caught up on your blog! Your pictures are so good - love the beach pics!!! It's funny that I checked you out today, because I've been on this kick of appliquing - how did you get started? Also, I bought a pattern for pants this past weekend. Which pattern do you use, or do you just make them? I'm just a very basic sewer- and Randi shows me most of what to do and I try to duplicate it after her help. I bought an embroidery machine yesterday and am hoping to make some cute outfits for Nina because I'm SICK of paying these ridiculous prices! Anyways, if you have any advice, send me an email - manoble123@yahoo.com I look forward to seeing more of what you're making! So cute! Have a Happy Monday!!

Segadi Family said...

Hey girl! Great picture- love the one of you and Abby- so sweet! Ok- I'd like to order one of the elephant shirts!!! You are SO talented!!