Saturday, October 25, 2008

Material and More

Apple Tree
With the matching ruffle pants
Bubble pants
Abby and Beau enjoying coloring in their new Halloween coloring books with stickers and crafts that Austin and Lola sent for them. A big thanks for the sweet package Niki!! Another big thanks to my mom for the Halloween treat tins you sent. The kids loved em'.
Beau and Toby on one of these many recent mornings that we have woken up with this particular child in the bed with us. As much as I can't stand how I fell after getting up several times a night, it does make an awfully cute picture!
I am thinking about making a separate blog for my sewing projects - may be easier than posting this stuff on the personal blog. Above are a sampling of some of the materials I have on hand to work with. I am about to start working on some Christmas shirts, so stay tuned!!
In other news, Abby and I went to see HSM3:Senior Year (High School Musical for those of you not there yet) last night. It was opening night, but the theatre was not totally full as I thought it might be, which was nice. It probably helped that we went to an earlier showing. I'm not sure that Abby breathed through the entire movie. She came home telling Toby all about the different songs, hairstyles, dresses, make-up, etc. etc. etc. etc..... She is already asking me when we can buy the dvd. She is definitely 4 going on 14. It was really so much fun to go on a "girls date" as she calls it and watch her enjoy something so intensely and fully. I thought the movie was every bit as good as 1&2, in case ya'll were wondering...
Today Toby had the WHOLE day off (a true rare treat) so we decided to take a day trip to Tyler, TX (about 90 miles away) to go to the zoo there. This was Toby's attempt to console me for not being able to make the 13+ hour trip to Pigeon Forge to spend a weekend with our families shopping, eating and going to watch UT play. It is a really fun weekend we have been doing yearly for about 3 or 4 years now, so I was bummed to miss it! However, the zoo was tons of fun and the kids loved it, so all is good. We were home by 3ish in the afternoon, so the kids still got a good nap and we are getting to watch UT get spanked by AL right now! C'mon Vols. Seriously. I will post pictures of the zoo soon - maybe tomorrow...
Sorry for the rambling flight of ideas post...

5 comments:

LB said...

Your sewing looks so cute! I laughed out loud when I saw Beau and Toby . . .his skeleton pajamas made me think of Johnny on Karate Kid. Too cute of them sacked out!

Mandy said...

I agree that the pjs look like Johnny! Too funny! We've had horrible sleepers lately too...what's the deal? Sorry I haven't emailed you back - will do that soon, I promise. Thanks for the tips though - your sewing looks great and you'll do very well! I can't wait to see your xmas fabrics. Great pics of the kids! Glad you were able to spend some time together - although the UT game atmosphere would have been fun...the game itself would NOT have been - what's up???

Anonymous said...

you are getting soooo crafty!! love the multi-fabric shirt, it is so cute!! I am so glad the kids loved all there little stuff. hope you all have a great halloween, make plenty of pictures so we can see their costumes. love ya!
niki

The Diddles said...

I got the pants on Friday and LOVE them! They fit great! You will be getting a treat in the mail soon!:) We also went to HSM3 on Friday afternoon and our theatre was not full either! It was awesome! (Yes, Walker and I went on a "girls date", too, as Abby calls it!:)

Julie said...

Love the pic of Toby and Beau-I thought of Johnny too! Your sewing projects are awesome! Some people are just born good at that stuff-you definently are! I'm sitting here still working on carseat covers for the twins. Obviously the gift was not bestowed on me! Anyway, love the stuff! I'll be putting an order in soon!