Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Visit From Papaw

Papaw and the kids prior to going to the market to pick our pumpkins
Abby and Beau painting paper, then pumpkins Saturday night.
Abby in bed with her friend from school, Betsy Ross (in the red, white and blue dress) - She got to bring her home for the weekend last weekend.
Abby modeling her new outfit.
Close up of the shirt
This weekend we were treated to a visit from Papaw. We have been relatively lazy, mostly just enjoying his company. Toby has had to work a lot, but the kids and I still got to enjoy quite a bit of time with him, and Toby a little bit. Larry braved to greyhound bus ride (20 hours) down so he could see us and pick up Toby's Camry that he bought from us. The kids just love having him around, as do I. We have watched lots of football and the kids have dragged out every toy they own. He is going back tomorrow :( I have to say for Larry that I think he has clocked the most trips down to see us so far! Thanks Papaw!! It always means so much when we get a visits from friends and family. We miss everyone so much - anyone else who has lived away from home knows what I mean on that one!
The kids are doing well. Niki scolded me for not having a first day of school picture for Beau on here. I thought about that, but have totally forgotten to take his picture before MDO. Maybe I will put a belated one on later in the week. He is really enjoying going, and I am not complaining either!! Last week I even got to take a lesson on how to use the monogram machine my mom sent down about 6 months ago! His very first day I went and got a pedicure!! It is amazing having a little kid free time. I feel like I almost forgot what that felt like!
I have been sewing when I can. There are not as many good fabric stores here as there are in Nashville. Boy, do I miss Textile Fabrics! It is very fun to create when I can find the time between wiping noses, reading books, and potty training! My newest addiction is getting bows made at this little shop up the street that are custom to match the outfits. I guess I am going to have to learn how to make bows now...
We have another busy week to look forward to. Abby's big school carnival/fundraiser is Friday evening, and we have a birthday party to go to on Sunday. Maybe Mommy and Daddy can squeeze in a date on Saturday night if we can find a sitter and he doesn't have to work! Until next time...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo cute love the pumpkin shirt!! I am so glad larry made his 20 hour trip, did he have some interseting stories? have a great week, I'll talk with you soon!
love, niki

Julie said...

that is the cutest pumpkin outfit! We're you able to stich around it in a circle? Beau's is so cute too-I'm so impressed! I just finished Jenny's carseat covers-I think they turned out cute-we'll have to see how they look on the carseats-you are inspiring me to get busy sewing for the girls-wish you could come to the beach this weekend-if you get a wild hair-come on! love and miss you!

Pamela said...

I love the outfit! I am super excited, you are so good! Glad you are getting some alone time, don't you love MDO. I really like the pumpkin outfit, I am making Drew a pumpkin shirt-I will show you later but it is not as creative as yours.

LB said...

I LOVE the pumpkin outfit!! So cute! Also, I'm jealous that Abby and Beau love to paint like that! Lawton could care less!

Segadi Family said...

What a wonderful Papaw! Once again, you are SO talented! Let me know when you start taking orders!!

Courtney said...

The outfits are soooo cute! You are getting so good at it! I am glad we get to reap the benefits! haha! I didn't know Larry was there...how fun!

Andrew and Carter's Mom said...

You did such a great job with the pumpkin outfit, I love it!! I can't wait to get Andrew's, maybe by his 3rd birthday you'll have it ready!! I didn't take a picture of Andrew on his first day of MDO either, and I;m obsessed with picture taking. I was just so ready to get him dropped off and have some time to myself that pictures were the last thing on my mind! Glad you're getting some me time, you deserve it!

Ryan said...

What a great pumpkin outfit!!! Don't you love when family comes to you? The kids look great!!!

Ryan and Michelle said...

Hey Dee Dee! Glad to see you are doing well. I met your brother and sister-in-law tonight. She made a cake for Braden's birthday. I love it!! Take care!

Pamela said...

I got the outfit in the mail and I love it-so cute! Thank you so much, you are so thoughtful! I miss you!

lyla said...

dee dee! got the precious dorothy costume today (and the candy)! you are so sweet! lilly has had it on all afternoon. thanks a million! also, i saw lola at school on friday with niki--she had on the cutest outfit you had made. you are so talented. thanks again--you are a lifesaver--anything that i don't have to go buy right now while we're moving is WONDERFUL!