Sunday, October 21, 2007

New House - Again

Abby and Beau enjoying some popcorn and a movie.

So, this is a picture of the second new house. Since the first house fell through, we went for our back up plan number 1. Just pray for us that we don't have to have another back up plan. That could be a (big) problem. We actually really liked this house when we visited last time, and we are very happy to have the contract signed on it! It is contingent upon inspection - which should be done sometime this week, so please pray that goes well, also! It is one level, hardwood, cute porch, etc. If anyone is interested in a virtual tour go to
We definitely will have a little more work to do on this one, but the kitchen is nice and updated and the kids have nice big rooms, as well as an office for Toby. It's all good! We are excited. One of the first things we will be having done is having the outside painted, though. Any ideas for color schemes. I think it is a little drab now. The bushes in the front will be removed also - just an fyi. I think I would like to paint the door black and put some black wicker on the front if I could find some for cheap. Should I keep the rest of the house yellow and white - just a little brighter? Change the colors? Incorporate another color? Any ideas, you artists out there?

5 comments:

lyla said...

I love the house! it looks beautiful. i love yellow on old houses & the black door will be really pretty no matter what color scheme you go with. i want an old house so bad--they have so much more character & charm.

Andrew and Carter's Mom said...

I LOVE this house! The floors look beautiful and all the rooms are so spacious! I'm thinking you might have to paint Beau's room though!

Pamela said...

I absolutely love the house. It has so much charm! A nice big laundry room too, that will be so nice. I love the idea of black wicker, any paint color you decide on will be beautiful. The back doors on the deck are so pretty too. We are excited for you guys.

Heather B Mc said...

Cute house and love the porch. Glad y'all had a back up plan. Abby and Beau are too cute together.

the robertsons said...

I love the house! It is so open for an old home! The kitchen is amazing. I love the black door idea. Right now, I love that Martha's Vineyard grey on older homes. Do you know what I'm talking about? But, I do love yellow, too.