Friday, October 19, 2007

House News

For anyone that may not already know, the house that I have posted below is no longer going to be our house. The contract for the people we were buying that house from fell through b/c their contract fell through on the house they were buying. Great. I know....We decided to make an offer on another house that we had liked on our last visit down, and we are waiting to come to a final price negotiation right now. I'll keep ya'll posted and post a picture of that house if we get it!
In other news, we are headed to Johnson City this weekend to visit Toby's family one last time before the move and to attend Toby's (and Michael's) 5 year medical school reunion. I am excited about the trip, but have to admit I am glad this will be the last of the traveling (hopefully) until we move in November. We are kind of tired and have lots of packing to do! My last day of work will be 2 days before Halloween, then I will focus on packing. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?
The kids are doing well and we are just trying to get in as much fun as we can with friends and family before we leave. Thanks so much to everyone for being so supportive of us during such a big change in our lives. We are talking about going ahead and putting full/queen size beds in both of the kids' rooms when we move- therefore- there should be plenty of room for visitors anytime! I am starting to get a little sentimental about leaving as the time gets closer. I know we will miss everyone so much, as well as our jobs, school, church - all of these things that are so familiar and comfortable! I am bracing myself for an adventure where everything and everyone is new. It still does not seem real! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we start this new chapter in our lives.
I was going to post a few pictures of the kids but for some reason I can't get my pictures to come up. Who knows...I'll try to post some soon...

3 comments:

Christine said...

I can't believe it's so soon.. We are going to miss you so much! Maybe we can plan a girls trip down there sometime. That would be so much fun.

Courtney said...

I am sorry about the other house, but the one you guys are trying to get is great! I can't wait to come down and see it in person! You will settle in there in no time, make lots of friends, etc. We did it in Jackson - and have some really great friends becuase of it. Three years will fly by too...

Julie said...

We had fun with you and Beau Friday-hope his eye is ok! That is so frustrating about the house-I really hope this one works out!