Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Man

My Man
1. Who is your man? Toby
2. How long have you been together? including dating, about 8
3. How long dated? 1 1/2 years
4. How old is your man? 32
5. Who eats more? Toby most of the time, but I have to admit I have eaten more than him on occasion
6. Who said "I love you" first? Toby (actually he said, "I think I am falling in love with you" - he will be so embarrassed if he reads this...)
7. Who is taller? Toby
8. Who sings better? oooh, neither of us are very good
9. Who is smarter? Toby by leaps and bounds
10. Whose temper is worse? Toby's is worse when he finally looses it (we're talking throwing things at the TV because the Vols are loosing), but I nag and complain more as well as have a very quick tongue (I am trying to work on that, though)
11. Who does the laundry? all me
12. Who takes out the garbage? Toby, unless he forgets. Then its me.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? me
14. Who pays the bills? Toby
15. Who is better with the computer? Toby by leaps and bounds
16. Who mows the lawn? Toby He has a VERY green thumb like his daddy, and he is very picky about the yard.
17. Who cooks dinner? Me about 95% of the time (unless grilling)
18. Who drives when you are together? about 50/50
19. Who pays when you go out? His money is my money and mine is his, so it doesn't really matter who pays when we go out. It comes from the same place...
20. Who is most stubborn? probably me, but we're both pretty stubborn
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? usually Toby unless I just know I am dead wrong
22. Whose parents do you see the most? my mom
23. Who kissed who first? Toby kissed me, although we argue about that one. Our memories seem to differ on that one...
24. Who asked who out? Toby - he drove all the way in from Johnson City his first year of medical school on a weekend to take me TGI Fridays and back to his friend's apartment to watch There's Something About Mary
25. Who proposed? Toby - we were meeting for a weekend at my Aunt Ramona's house in Knoxville. I beat him there. When I got there the house was empty (no aunt, no nieces and nephews like there usually were). There was a bottle of wine chilling on the counter. I wondered, but thought it was something for my aunt later? I plopped down on the couch and watched TV until I heard Toby pull in. He opened the door and before I even turned to see him a little yorkie ran by the couch. I thought he had let a neighbor's dog in, but he proceeded to tell me he had bought me a dog! I was (very) surprised, but happy about this. The dog, however, had different feelings. It was terrified to be there (as it had just been give shots, groomed, and ridden for 2 hours in a truck with Toby). It ran and hid and had diarrhea on the floor in my aunt's piano room! After we cleaned that up we were sitting on the cough and I was holding and petting the dog. Toby kept asking me what I was going to name it. I kept saying I didn't know and suggesting different names. Toby (finally) suggested I check the tag he was wearing - maybe that had a name on it? The tag around his neck was a red heart that said "I love you. Will you marry me?" I was like, "Oh! Oh! Oh my gosh! Oh! I get it!" He got on his knee then and said, "I brought you something else,too." Then he pulled the ring out of his pocket. Of course, I said yes and the rest is history. Poor Toby, we laugh about it until this day. The plan was for the dog to run in and jump in my lap and me read the tag. He had to spell it out for his air headed wife to be, though. Such a romantic guy, though. I am a luck girl!
26. Who is more sensitive? definitely me-I cry at anything, commercials, movies, anything...
27. Who has more friends? I think we both have a good amount of great friends
28.Who has more siblings? 2 older brothers. Toby has one little sister
29. Who wears the pants in the family? I think we both have one leg in

Whew - I tag Amber, Courtney, Christine, Heather Mc, and Pamela

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh boy - can't wait to do that! It is hard to believe 8 years have gone by so quickly! We had fun this weekend! :)

Courtney said...

By the way - I am BEGGIN you to take that picture of me off of your blog I look like a porker!!! Please...

Heather B Mc said...

Is this the new 100? I will post mine soon.

Heather B Mc said...

You cry at everything? I wouldn't have thought that. 2 brothers? Seriously, one leg from each, come on you know you wear the pants. TeeHeeHee