Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Fall





Daddy Time

We had a great weekend getting to spend some family time together. We are gearing up for a big meal on Thursday, and Mommy is putting on her "patience hat" to wear this week while I have both of my babies here all to myself! I am listening to Abby tell on Beau as I write this. Ahhh, motherhood...
The kids really enjoyed having their daddy all to themselves (aside from him working on Saturday night, mostly while they slept). We had a leaf raking evening in the back and side yards, which the kids thought was a blast! They jumped, raked, bagged, played, wrestled, etc. etc. in those leaves. Abby is a hard little worker and really enjoyed helping us bag them and carrying those big leaf bags to the edge of the street. Beau mostly played with his big ol' Tonka trucks, filling them up with leaves then dumping them out.
2 weeks until we leave for Disneyworld!!! Mommy is getting really excited! I can't believe it is so close, and that the kids still don't know! When we get back we will have 5 days at home, then take off to Tennessee until the new year rolls in. Busy, busy.
I did put out some Christmas decoration last night - the mantle is mostly done, and the stocking have been hung by the chimney with care. I am waiting on a tree - probably Wednesday. Toby keeps trying to talk me out of decorating for Christmas, but I think he is crazy. We have 2 tiny kids! I wouldn't miss the magic of decorating with them for the world, even if we won't be here all that much to enjoy it!
Happy Thanksgiving this week everyone!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Toby don't be a Scrooge! We are excited about seeing you all soon! Its going to be fun! Love the leaf pics and Beau's Santa shirt! Its really cute!

Julie said...

Love the leaf pics too! We've already started decorating too. Hope Abby is doing ok!

LB said...

How exciting about Disney! I am itching to go - I think Lawton would love it. . . but we have no plans. :{ I love the leaf pics, too. Classics!

Pamela said...

Of coarse you have to put up a Christmas tree, what is he thinking?!? Have fun in Disney! Call me if you have time to meet up when you are in town, I would love to see you guys. mist