Friday, August 8, 2008

Update

Beau is sleeping better!! Thanks you guys for your wonderful advice. In case you are wondering what we have done, Toby turned the door handle around where the lock is on the outside. After doing this, I realized we probably should have done that a long time ago. I am surprised he hasn't locked himself in his room already. Anyways... I was a bit hesitant to actually lock him in his room, but that is what we have done for the past few nights (along with a little liquid help from the pink bottle). I tried just leading him back to his bed without saying a word to him the first few days. I think that has been helpful as well in the case that I forget to lock the door. Yesterday for his nap I thought I had locked it, but out he marched! He gets really mad at me for not saying a word, but I am not sure that he even knows the door is locked yet! I do go and unlock the door after I know he is asleep before I go to bed, though. (I can't stand the thought of him trapped in his room that is on fire and I am snoozing in my bed across the house.) I still make sure the doors outside are chained and locked. A few weeks ago I was sitting in the office after I had put him down for a nap and watched him walk through the living room, unlock the front door (the chain wasn't on) walk outside and shut the door behind him. I followed him out and was like, "What in the world are you doing???" He proceeded to tell me (from the front yard - I am on the porch) that he is going to Serena's (my neighbor's house). Are you kidding me??? That kid is crazy!! He is sleeping better, though!
In other news, it is RAINING here !!! Yay! It has been several weeks of 100+ heat (not to mention the humidity) here, so I was in utter bliss when I awoke to the sound of rain! I am in the office right now listening to the drizzle and just loving it.
A few other random updates of interest:
Abby is signed up for dance again in the fall - ballet and jazz. She also wants to play soccer and take piano, on top of going to school every day. Where do I draw the line??
Abby starts school a week from today.
We put up wood blinds in the 6 very large windows in Toby's office while Jody was here visiting, and I am so excited. They look great and help a ton keeping it cooler in here.
The master bathroom is 99.9% done. I will post a picture later.
I will also post a picture of Beau in princess attire which he will pay me big bucks for the right to just prior to his wedding.
Speaking of weddings, I have not been to one in forever...
We are going to the beach in 4 weeks!!! We are going to Orange Beach (Gulf Shores), which none of us have ever been to. If you have been, please tell us any good places to eat, etc...
Beau no longer asks for his bb, and he has finally quit offering to take his new (bribery) toys and video back to Target. Oh - his new favorite song is "I like to move it, move it" from Madagascar. He and Abby walk around dancing and singing it. It is hilarious...
I am sewing quite a bit again. I'll try to post some pictures of that as well. So far, mostly these little pants for Beau with matching appliqued shirts. They are really fun, and the kids get so excited when I am working on something for them, which makes it even more fun...
I'll try and post some pictures next time.

7 comments:

Katie said...

go to Mango's in Orange Beach. also, Louisiana Lagnaippe is really good. we ate there twice a few weeks ago. i hope y'all have fun!

Courtney said...

Awww, glad things are getting better with the sleeping! Can't wait to see you guys again!

The Diddles said...

Glad he is sleeping better! My mom goes to Orange Beach so I'll ask her... I know they love the Gulf Shores Steamer! Abby is so neat-it is great that she has so many interests! Is this the big Kindergarten year?

LB said...

Yeah! I am glad Beau is sleeping better now! I have been getting ready before and have caught Lawton out in the backyard playing without me knowing he unlocked the door and had left the house. Boys!

josh and darci said...

Ok, that post just cracked me up... we all have to get a little help from the pink medicine every now and then, right? Also wanted to let you know that I talked to PT a couple of days ago. She seems to be doing okay, but not great. She isn't sure if she's going back to work or not and she still has NO energy. Anyway, she has some appointments this week to tweak meds, etc. and hopefully will feel better after that. Hope you and yours are doing well.. and glad that you've figured out the bed time thing.

Julie said...

glad the sleeping is getting better-hilarious about Beau walking out!!Can't wait to see all the pics!

lyla said...

that's great about the bed progress. it is so hard. mamie started climbing out of her bed while we were one vacation w/ michael and courtney, so i'm sure i'll be doing the same thing very soon! love the little outfits you make--so cute! abby looks so grown up. those smartboards are incredible, by the way, and very expensive. i can't believe they have them for kids her age! sounds like a great school.