Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tis So Sweet

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, And to take him at his word; Just to rest upon his promise, And to know, "Thus saith the Lord." Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him! How I've proved him o'er and o'er! Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust him more! I'm so glad I learned to trust thee, Precious Jesus, Savior, friend; And I know that thou art with me, Wilt be with me to the end.

This song came to my mind tonight as I was praying for someone who I love dearly and who is struggling right now. When there are questions that we can not answer and things we can not control, as much as we may want to, I think it is so vitally important to put our trust in Jesus. He is in control. I have to remind myself of this daily, as I tend to want to control everything myself. Sometimes there are harsh reminders that I am not in control, other times there are gentle reminders. Either way, there are constant reminders for myself to try my best to "Let go and let God" - have you ever heard that little saying? I just felt compelled to put it out there in case anyone else is having any struggles and having any questions that they can not seem to find answers to. Please put a little prayer in there for the person I am thinking about.

7 comments:

kma said...

I am praying...let me know if I can do more! Kelly

Ryan said...

This is one of the hardest things in the world for me to do. It's weird, but I find myself able to do it with big things, like when my dad was dying, but the smaller everyday things I don't let go. I guess its because I think, "This is small enough for me to handle" even though I should probably be handing all of that over too so I don't get stressed about it. I will say a prayer for your friend.

Segadi Family said...

I'll be praying too! There are sooo many things in life that I try to figure out/handle on my own and thank you for the reminder to "Let go and Let GOD"!!

Julie said...

I really aprreciate your willingness to put this out there. You have such a good heart and you are such a great example of what a friend is. Your friend will be in our prayers. Good talking to you last week-I, as always, was so long-winded. Thanks for always listening!

Pamela said...

Amen! That is so hard! But at the end of the day I am so glad to know He is in control and not me. You read my mind!

The May Family said...

Dee Dee. What a great song. We sin gthis at church and it is so beautiful. I hope you all are great. Your tow little ones are so cute in their Easter outfits!

lyla said...

i think god made me read your blog tonight. you have no idea how badly i needed that or how much that helped me. :)