Thursday, February 21, 2008

In Stitches

What is motherhood without a trip to the ER, right? Maybe it is some right of passage we all must face at some point or another. Last night during bath time there was a slip and fall that resulted in a busted chin and a subsequent trip to the ER for a 6 HOUR wait to hold this 22 month old down for 3 stitches. Yes, Mommy cried her eyes out when he cried "Mommy, Mommy, hold me, night night" over and over again as he was being held down and stitched up. It was a long night but we all made it through it and I think we are just fine. Poor Daddy has had the worst time because he was doing the bathing when it happened. I keep trying to tell him it was not his fault, poor thing. I have said for the longest time that Beau will end up with stitches or a broken bone before age 2 he is so wild, so I guess I called that one correctly! Hopefully we have got it out of our systems now! 3 stitches and a mouth surrounded by chocolate. Aunt Courtney, Uncle Michael and Will sent us a box of goodies that arrived today. (Thanks so much, guys!!) There were 2 HUGE Hershey Kisses, one of which Beau worked on for quite a while. It has all these little teeth marks in it...
This is Beau's "showing of my stitches" pose. Pretty cute, huh? Oh, and Mommy got here hair cut (finally - it has been since November) and colored today back to it's original color. I really think I like it, but it will take some getting used to!
Abby in her new jeans and very cute necklace that you can not see. Daddy took a picture of it but the little heart was upside down. We'll try again soon. It is so cute and Abby LOVES it. It has her little initial and looks like Mommy's necklaces, so she thinks she is too posh... Oh, this child stands just like her daddy and looks JUST like him from behind. It cracks me up. For proof scroll down to Toby's birthday post -there is a picture of he and Beau from behind for comparison!!
Abby on grandparents/patriot's day at her school.
Beau enjoying a cookie at Abby's school.
Abby's snowman in her classroom.
Abby and Beau playing. She is weighing him on this baby scale we have. He is just going right along with it, which I thought was hilarious. Abby is in nothing but her underwear and a tank top, her home uniform these days - sorry!!

12 comments:

Andrew and Carter's Mom said...

You sure were busy doing some blogging last night!! Poor Beau...He's still a doll, even with stitches and chocolate all over his face!! I can't believe Abby's jeans, they're adorable. Your kid has nicer jeans than I do!

Ryan said...

As we all know, chocolate makes everything better. Glad that Beau is feeling better!!!

Heather B Mc said...

Those are cute jeans and she does stand just like Toby. Your hair looks great!!!!!!! So sorry you had to endure the cries of your sweet little boy. That must have been heart wrenching and stressfulllll!!!!!!!!!! Glad he is okay!!!

Anonymous said...

glad your crazy night is over. he cracks me up with all the choc. on his face at first i thought it was blood until i read under the picture. also your hair looks good i like the color just darker than your use to. love ya'll niki

Courtney said...

Funny pictures! The last one cracks me up! I am glad Abby liked her jeans and necklace they look SO cute on her...a little big, but that means they will last longer! Your bangs look cute too! Lots to report! Oh yeah, I am SO glad Beau is okay - but I already told you that in person!

LB said...

Poor Beau! I have a matching scar on my chin - it happened when I was four, I think. I still remember looking up at the doctor when he stiched me up! I love your new hair-do, too! Oh, and I will have to try those cookies! I love chocolate and I like to bake! :)

The Diddles said...

I'm so sorry about Beau! He looks pretty brave,though! Abby's jeans are so cute! I can't believe they now make Seven's for girls! Your hair is too cute! Hang in there...

Julie said...

It's not as bad as I thought it might be-they did a good job stitching him up, poor little fella! Love the pic of Abby in her new jeans and Beau on the scale-too funny! LOVE your hair foxy mama!

Pamela said...

I love your hair! Poor Beau. He is so cute. I love the picture with him on the scale!

Segadi Family said...

Love the pictures, super cute hair!! Poor Beau- what a little trooper! I've been prepping myself for the day I have to take one of the kids to the ER- don't know how we've stayed away with crazy Elan!

Anonymous said...

Awesome hair!! I can't wait to see it in person!! The pictures of Beau are priceless!! What a good story to tell him in 10 years!! I am impressed he is so old to be getting his first stitches!! You know those "mishaps" happen when you least expect it! He won't remember any of it. Brooke can't tell me what color her cast was she wore for 6 weeks! oh well! emily

lyla said...

bless your heart! poor little beau. we keep saying the same thing--we're due for an ER trip one of these days... that makes me want to cry for you. at least he looks pretty proud of them now. abby is looking SO big!!! and your hair looks great--i can top you though--i haven't had a haircut since two weeks before will's party IN OCTOBER!!! it's really pitiful. that's so cute courtney and michael sent a care package--abby and beau are lucky to have such a fun aunt and uncle.