Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day 2008

This afternoon after I picked Abby up from school we made (totally from scratch, icing and all -Aunt Ann would be proud) cupcakes for Valentine's Day. Abby insisted all day the Daddy was her valentine, therefore I adopted Beau as mine. We got the kids books (Fancy Nancy and Peek-a-Boo Choo-Choo) and they both scored lots of loot from school. Overall it was a good Valentine's Day. We just wish Daddy could have been home before 7:00!!
Beau taking a ride on his "neigh-neigh" before bed. He really gets into it, kicking his feet up and everything.
Here is a picture of the kids with Mee-Mee one her visit last weekend. They are playing Sesame Street on the computer, so I can't imagine what could be so confusing for Mee-Mee...
Beau enjoying one of the cupcakes Aunt Ann mailed Toby for his birthday.
Abby doing the same. This girl LOVES her sweets, I'm telling ya'll... Oh - please notice the jewelry. We are in a phase lately where she gets full on ready with jewelry on certain days. Clip on earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets. You name it. Sometimes she looks crazy, but her mommy just rolls with it. I tell her how beautiful she accessories and we go on our way. I have gotten so used to it I almost forget how she looks until I see people pointing at us in public places. At least it makes them smile.
So, here's the thing. Apparantly, if you live in Louisiana, New Orleans or not, Mardi Gras is a huge deal!!! These people go nuts for it around here. Fat Tuesday was actually on Toby's birthday this year. People decorate their yards, their cars, their doors...some people even leave up the ol' Christmas tree but cover it in purple, green and gold! It's nuts! Anyways, we walked down the street last Sunday for the "little neighborhood Mardi Gras parade". Well, let me tell you...there were floats galore. They threw beads, candy, stuffed animals, frisbees, balls, etc. One float even threw hot dogs (all wrapped up with condiments and everything). My hubby actually caught one (I'm so proud)! This is a picture of Abby with our loot. She and Beau had a BLAST. I say its fine as long as no one pours alcohol, shouts obsenities or flashes us. It was very friendly in that sense, lots of kids and in the middle of the day...
Abby helps me when I give Rocky a bath.
Beau and one of his latest obsessions. He just loves building these really tall towers and then kicking them down. I have to say that I was impressed with his tower building ability. He did this one all by himself!
Three stooges eating popcorn and taking in a movie. The little guy on the left is my neighbor and precious friend's little boy, Hudson - whom Beau affectionately calls "Huts"!
a
A picture of Beau sleeping in his big boy bed. We actually took this one a while ago, but I thought I'd put it on here.
Toby putting Abby to bed.
Happy Valentine's Day everybody. Things are good around here. Toby is working a ton and I am getting to spend lots of quality time with my young-uns! They really are growing up SO fast. I was filling out Abby's registration for school for next fall tonight and realized that she will be in actual pre-K. There are no 2 or 3 day a week options. They automatically go for 5 days a week in pre-K here. This kind of freaked me out and I got emotional about how big the kids are getting and how fast it seems to be happening!! We had a good Hallmark Holiday here. We got lots of fun cards and gifts in the mail from our great family and friends. Mail delivery takes on a whole new meaning when you live away from home! Poor Toby has had fever for the past day, but seems to be getting better after a healthy dose of Tamaflu (he had the flu shot...). He works tomorrow, moonlights tomorrow night and again on Sunday. He has been working a ton, so our time spent with Daddy is precious!! Lucky for me we have had several nice days sprinkled here and there, so I try and get the kids outside and playing when I can.
Anyways... I wanted to ask everyone about their digital cameras, too. I am not very good at all with Toby's fancy camera with all of its' lenses and flashes and settings, etc. Not to mention the thing is HUGE and difficult to just throw in the diaper bag and pull out on a whim. I am looking for a smaller camera with easy to understand settings that takes great pictures. Oh, I also don't want any delay. The smaller one I have now has a delay from the time you press the button until it actually takes the picture and it drives me nuts! If you just love your camera and want to recommend it to me I would be grateful. I don't even know where to begin to look for one. There are SO many out there!! Thanks!
Hope everyone is doing well! Happy Valentine's Day again!!!!

9 comments:

Ryan said...

That was a great post!!! I love the picture of Beau with the tower..impressive!!! Mary Paul loves to wear necklaces, but I doubt it's as extensive as Abby's. Good luck picking out a camera. I just went to the store and played with them all and picked the one that was easiest to understand without the directions. Glad to see things are going so well!!!

Andrew and Carter's Mom said...

I love all of the new pictures- so proud of you!! My favorit is of the kids eating popcorn on the couch and Beau has the biggest bowl! I also love how sweet Toby and Abby look in her bed together with all the babies!! Does she really sleep with ALL of those? I'm so glad you guys are doing well- I am jealous about Mardi Gras- looks like fun!

Courtney said...

Cute pictures!!!! We have to get the cousins together soon!!!! I bet your cupcakes were better than mine...they were quite a disappointment.

LB said...

Love the update and all the pictures! Beau looks like he has grown up so fast! The picture of Abby and all her dolls cracks me up, too! Mardi Gras looked like so much fun from all the loot you got . . . that's neat to experience a different culture like that - so different from Nashville! :) Take care and glad you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

cute pictures! very impressed with your "from scratch" cooking. i thought i did good by just rolling out slice-n-bake and cutting them with a heart cookie cutter. thanks for making me look bad. thank god troy doesn't read these. ha! love ya'll niki

lyla said...

great pictures! abby looks so cute with all her babies in bed with her. that will be a big adjustment with her going to school on a real schedule like that! she's getting so big.

Segadi Family said...

Great pictures!! I love the one of Abby at bedtime and her 5 dolls- so cute!! We just got a new Cannon camera and I'm really enjoying it. Not too expensive, no delay and takes decent pictures. Too bad the big, bulky ones always take the best pictures! Glad yall are doing well!!

Julie said...

I love all the new pics! Beau looks like such a big boy! I have the kids Valentine's sitting right next to me-well, better late than never! That's crazy about 5 days! I know Abby will do great though. I'm impressed with the from scratch cupcakes, just wish I was there to eat one with you! Love and miss you!

Heather B Mc said...

Looks like y'all are having a lot of fun. Brooks loves to build the towers and knock them over as well. Love the pic of Abby beside all of her beads.