Sunday, November 18, 2007

Princess and Pirate Party

Abby has been going through a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs thing, so Aunt Ann made this incredible (as usual) Snow White cake for Abby. The cupcakes were so cute with all kinds of little animals and apples on them. Absolutely adorable, and they also made for easy and quick service for the kids, which was really nice. When you are 4 you don't like to wait for anything, especially cake...
Our little princess in all of her glory!
A barefoot Snow White mid-pinata whack. Toby found this whole picture quite amusing - especially everyones' faces watching...
I like this one. Check out Lola front and center - gonna' get herself some candy! I love Drew's face, too. He is just staring at all of the candy in sheer delight, kind of like, "This beats all I have ever seen!"
Aunt Jody and Beau taking a break.
Abby playing pin the crown on the princess. Beau and Little Howard are helping.
Beau and Brooks playing basketball. This is Beau's favorite thing to do right now - hands down.
Sheer delight. I thought she was going to burn her lip on a candle she got so close trying to blow them out!Opening gifts with her pals. Austin had on the coolest pirate get up.

Organized chaos...

Yesterday we had Abby an early 4th princess and pirate birthday party. It was a lot of fun seeing all of the kids have such a good time. These little girls at this age crack me up. They walk around in these princess get ups with such ease and comfort like it is the most natural thing in the world! They really, really think they are princesses. It cracks me up. I was really happy to get to spend some good fun times with a lot of good friends before we move this weekend. Thanks so much to everyone that was there for coming and making it such a special day for Abby! We had lots of fun!

On a different and quite sad note, moving day is Saturday. I will probably be out of the blogging loop for the next few weeks, but I will try to keep everyone updated the best I can! Please keep us in your prayers for a safe trip south and for our sanity!!

9 comments:

Pamela said...

The party was so much fun. Drew loved the bouncy thing! We love you guys so much and we know everything is going to go great. You better come back home often!

The May Family said...

What a cute birthday idea. The cake is fantastic! We will miss you Dee Dee and I will keep you in my prayers!

Courtney said...

It looks like so much fun, I hate we couldn't be there - again...It also looks like you guys had great weather - Yay! Happey Early B-day to Abby. See you guys soon!

thesemanchiks said...

What a wonderful birthday! I hate we missed it, b/c I know Lauryn would have jumped right in on the fun :) We love ya'll and will miss ya'll - but will hopefully all get together when you get back to town soon. Be careful!

The Pharrs said...

Hey! It is so good to hear from you. Your family is beautiful! It looks like you've got your hands full. I'll keep checking in!
Rebekah

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have been there! Elia would have had a blast. Wish the best in cajun country!

kma said...

Addie had so much fun & Ford loved his pirate loot! I am sure you are busy packing...We are going to mis you & Toby! Kelly

Heather B Mc said...

It was a great party!! Brooks had so much fun. I have been thinking about y'all. I hope moving is going smoothly. You are going to be missed and I know I will still be hearing Brooks say Beau for a long time to come.

Christine said...

I keep looking for updates. I hope y'all are doing well. I heard the drive up there was pretty shaky. We miss you already! I need to get your new address. I guess I can get it from Julie. We loved the pirate/princess party. We had Breakfast with Santa on Sat. and I couldn't help but think of y'all because we always went to Abby's bday party afterward and I found the ornament that we made at your mom's house when Will was only 5 months old. Time flies!