Tuesday, August 4, 2009

July

Abby at dance camp tapping with some of her buddies from school.
Ballerina girl
The kids and I took at trip to Nashville, then on up to Kingsport and Johnson City to visit the family a few weeks ago. Aunt Jody graciously flew down just to accompany us to and from Shreveport in case I went into labor while trying to change movies in the portable dvd player, pass back food, snacks and toys, break up arguments, stop for potty breaks and food breaks, etc. etc. She was so much help and it was soooo appreciated. During our trip to Nashville, Beau came down with a staph infection and hand, foot, mouth all at the same time. Loads of fun as you can imagine. We did still get to visit with my Aunt Tina's family from Boston as well as some friends and Nashville family. The kids and I then made our way on up to see Michael and Courtney and their cousins, including baby Quinn, who was so precious! Abby was in heaven holding Quinn, and can't wait for baby Lane (baby "Wayne" according to Beau) to get here! All in all it was sort of a stressful trip with way too much driving and Beau getting sick, but it was still good to get to see everyone!
Beau enjoying some spaghetti while at MiMi's the first night.
Abby goofing off with her cousin Nicole.
Abby enjoying lots of love from Uncle Berry and Aunt Tina (my mom's sister)
Hanging out in a great park in Kingsport that Aunt Jody took us to
Look, Mom. No hands!
Abby and Quinn
Will and Beau. These two got along so well - it makes me sad they don't get to be with each other any more than they do.
Papaw took the kids fishing at his pond.
Mamaw Whitehead (Toby's grandmother) and her dog Roscoe with Beau and Abby
Toby and I just returned from a trip to Asheville, NC. We had a great time while Papaw (Toby's dad) graciously flew down and watched the kids for us. We had a great time, and it was nice to get a long weekend before the new baby is here! We are set to induce on September 17th (I will be a little over 39 weeks) as long as she does not come any earlier. We are really excited about her joining our family, and can't wait to meet her! Six more weeks...
The kids both start school next week - Abby starts kindergarten (sniff, sniff), and Beau is starting K3. He will go 3 days a week (M-W-F) at the same school as Abby. Stay tuned for those every popular "first day of school" pictures...

2 comments:

thesemanchiks said...

You pictures are beautiful!! Can't wait for baby Lane! Love the name! What's the whole name? Keep in touch!

Julie said...

Emily just told me about Beau getting sick. I'm so sorry! It was so good to see you and the kids. I got your sweet note. I'm glad you liked everything! I've tried to redeem myself from Abby's first b.day gift which I'm still embarrassed about! Anyway, I hate you couldn't get the swing in the car. I think I may be able to fit it in the van at Christmas. We'll talk. Can't believe Lane is almost here! Tell A & B Hello and give them a hug & kiss from us! Love you!