Friday, August 14, 2009

Beau Starts K3

With big sister on the front porch. They can be so sweet and cute sometimes...
I'm ready to go!!!
Why are we taking all of these pictures again?
He is saying "cheese" and posing (i.e. grabbing his ankles?) on the front school steps.
Hanging his bag - he found his name all by himself. His bag was actually too heavy for him to hoist up there - lunch, blanket, change of clothes (just in case...) - lots of stuff for a 3 year old!

Beau and his sweet teacher (and my precious friend) Mrs. Quinn. She was Abby's teacher when we moved here a year and half ago, and has been precious to our family from the minute we arrived. You can tell Beau has no qualms being left with her. She has two little boys of her own, so she knows exactly how to handle him! I am so thankful to have such wonderful teachers for both of my kids!

Beau started K3 today without a hitch! He was so excited he got up around 4am and came into our room! Finally Toby went and put him back in his bed around 5, as he would not be still or go back to sleep!!! I didn't go to bed until midnightish because I was finishing the pants Abby is wearing in the first picture, so I was extra tired this morning when that alarm went off! I had to go wake Beau up at 7 to feed him a yummy breakfast of chocolate gravy and biscuits with Abby. He was ready to go after that with his school tote, Spiderman lunch box, blanket, folder with his name on it, etc. He didn't even put up too much of fight posing for pictures, which is usually a huge battle! He was so excited to be there. I could have gotten a tear out of a rock easier than I could have that kid! I think he has aspired to be in Mrs. Quinn's room since Abby started in there in December of 2007, and today he has finally made it!

Now, the strange thing is, the house is quiet and it is actually kind of creepy! I'm not sure what to do with myself first, to be quite honest - finish cleaning, a nap, sew, run errands, take a shower, take a walk? Wow. Weird. I know it will be a struggle but I am sure I will manage - ha!

2 comments:

Andrew and Carter's Mom said...

He looks so big! Love how he started school with a black eye, in typical Beau fashion!

Heather B Mc said...

they are too cute. Love those pants you made Abby!!