Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Big Easy, Cheerleading and a Haircut

Toby had a pulmonary conference and presentation (yawn...) down in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. The greatest thing was that Jody came down to watch the kids so I could go, too!! Yay! It was soooooo nice and I had such a good time spending some time with him and sleeping as late as I possibly could! It was weird to wake up and just get myself ready, feed myself, just worry about myself and no one else for a few days. It has been quite a while, and it was very nice and refreshing. Aside from the conference, we ate some wonderful meals, got to socialize with other adults, shopped on two different occasions (a new favorite is Magazine Street), etc. etc. Thanks so much to Jody for coming down and watching our kids so we wouldn't have to worry about them! We really appreciate it. It is better that any gift anyone could ever give us!
This is a picture of us with Toby's buddy, Richard, from his residency at Baptist. Richard was instrumental in helping Toby get into the pulmonary program down her. His wife, Melinda, introduced me to some great shopping in The Big Easy. They are very familiar with the city, so it was nice to have them to hang with!
Beignets (french donuts) and a latte from Cafe Du Monde - yummy!!
Here is a shot of Abby cheerleading. It may be the cutest thing ever to watch a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds cheerleading. I tried to talk her into basketball (like Mommy played), but, of course, she would have none of it!
This one ends up in our bed a lot, somehow. Yet another shot of him snuggled up with Daddy.
Beau informed us the other morning that he had a boo-boo on his nose. He ran off to the kids' bathroom, informing us that he would take care of it. This is what he came back looking like! I think he got his boo-boo covered, although I'm not sure he could breathe. Hilarious. I also wanted to include this picture as sort-of a pre-haircut picture...
Post haircut! I finally got his golden locks cut again. It had been several months and it was getting quite long. I am pretty fond of the long hair, but we have had several people call him a girl, and I think all that hair in his face was starting to get on his nerves. It actually ended up a little shorter than I intended, but it's just hair and will grow again, right? He sits so still for his haircuts now, which I am so thankful for. Poor kid starting getting serious haircuts at 9 months old, so I guess he is used to it! Ha! This is a picture of him "walking" my friend's new beagle puppy, Honey.
So that is all that has been going on lately! Finally, I am officially caught up on the blog!! Thursday Papaw is coming into town. Abby has Grandparent's and Patriot's Day at her school on Friday, so it will be fun for her to have a grandparent there this year! Pictures to come...

8 comments:

Julie said...

What i wouldn't do for a beignet and a cup of coffee right now! What a fun getaway! Love the cheerleading-that girl was born to cheer, sorry mommy! And, the boo-boo pic is priceless. They are so cute. I'm so glad you all got to be together at Christmas.

Ryan said...

How wonderful to have a weekend with just you and your husband!!! The kids look wonderful and I love the band-aid picture. Hiliarious.

LB said...

What a fun get away! And the band-aids . . . hilarious! :)

Courtney said...

Love all the new pictures! I really want a beignet now... Oh yeah and Beau's haircut looks SO cute! No mistaking him for a girl now...all boy!

Andrew and Carter's Mom said...

I love all the new pictures, you look great. So glad you guys got some time away! I think Beau's hair looks soooo good. He looks a lot older though :-( Abby the cheerleader, could've called that at 9 months!!

lyla said...

i just laughed out loud at that picture of beau with the band aids on his nose. hilarious. and boy, do you know how to make a person jealous. especially a person who just tried to watch "lost" with a four year old getting out of bed and bugging me. new orleans!? no kids!? getting ready all alone? eating by yourself? shopping? i'm really not sure i can even imagine any of that :) sounds like you and toby had fun!

Anonymous said...

I love the boo boo patch and the picture of Abby...so precious.

Jammey

Segadi Family said...

Yeah for some adult time!! Abby is a precious cheerleader and Beau is looking like such a big boy!! Looks like yall had a wonderful time at Disney! We hope to go soon, so I'll have to get some tips from you.