Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mother's Day, Backyard Play, First Swim, Time Out and Sew Much More

Abby and I at a Mother's Day luncheon her sweet teacher and teacher's aid put on the Friday before Mother's Day. The kids sang songs to us about how great we were and then presented us with gifts. It was really sweet.This is Abby's gift to me. Their teacher let them draw with chalk on canvas. She was so proud of it. On the back it said "I love my mommy because...." and the kids filled in the blanks. She said she love me because I played with her. I thought that was sweet. She is in a little dress I made her a few weeks ago. It was her first time to wear it and she promptly had a nosebleed in it on the playground right after I dropped her off at school (hence the stains...). Her teacher said she was so worried about that dress getting blood on it, poor thing. She is so type A like her momma'!
A motley crew headed down to the t-ball field. Beau made sure he had his Nemo book. We went through about a 4 or 5 week run where we were obsessed with Nemo. Now we have moved on to Cars the past week or so. It is nice to have a change! Check out his cool "B" wing shirt his Aunt Courtney got him. He's stylin'...
"Why CAN'T I play???? I'm ready! Really, I am!"
The kids after church on Mother's Day.
Playing with bubbles in the back yard.
Abby blowing the bubble cigar.
And we were swingin'...
"Wake up Abby!!! I want to play! I will lay on top of you if I have to..."
We went swimming when the pool (where her husband works) opened Saturday with my sweet neighbor. Here is Beau after falling backward in the baby pool. He can't get enough leverage to stand up. He is not happy, but I thought it was kind of funny! Yes, the water was quite cold. The funny thing about kids is that they don't care!! Their lips were blue at certain times of the day, but they just keep on swimming and playing in the water!
This kid is not going under.
Abby jumping off of the diving board...over and over and over...
A close up shot of one of the t-shirts. Does anyone know anything about doing this? I would appreciate any tips I could get. I attached the appliques with Wonder Under, then zig-zagged around them. I thought they turned out pretty cute. Not perfect, but cute...
This little outfit with dogs is for my nephew Will. (I'll put it in the mail this week, Courtney!)
An outfit for Beau with these hilarious hippie vans.
Another dress I made for Abby. (It coordinates with the little brown and white jon-jon I made Beau from the last post.)

Beau in his time out chair. He spend a lot of time there anymore. I am such a mean mommy, taking a picture of him in his time of distress. How about his hair? Get it cut? Let it grow?? Any opinions?

We are doing pretty well here - trying to survive as the wife of a fellow. Toby moonlighted 3 nights last week, so we will be glad to have him home with us every night this week!!! Beau is very rambunctious and does not listen to anything I tell him. Terrible twos? Abby's last day of school is tomorrow. We are excited about enjoying summer - lots of swimming, playing outside, etc. Abby is starting tennis lessons soon. We'll see how that goes! We are coming back to Nashvegas the 1st through the 8th of June. Toby will be holding down the fort here for us while he works. Please pray for our safety and sanity as the kids and myself make the long trek by ourselves! Niki will be riding back with us and spending a few days here after we come back. We are so excited and looking forward to that, too! Maybe we'll try another girls' night out that first week of June if anyone is up for it, especially since the last one went kaput thanks to the stomach bug!

8 comments:

Andrew and Carter's Mom said...

I love all of your new pictures! Your kiddo's are growing so fast! I love Beaus hair and would NOT cut it. I made that mistake with Andrew and will never cut it again (well, maybe sometime). It just changes their look so much. Are you still planning on coming to Chattanooga when you're in Nashville. If not, I will try to come there. My mom and sister will be here until the 2nd. Andrew has requested an applique shirt for his birthday! I love all of your new projects!

Ryan said...

I think your sewing projects look great. You should be really proud of them. the picture of Beau in his protective swim gear is so funny. Good luck on your drive back home!!!

Pamela said...

I love all of the new pictures! I am so jealous of your sewing capabilities. I just love the fabrics on the appliqued outfits, where did you find those? Drew also requests an outfit for his birthday!!! Hope your drive goes well, I really would love to get together! I am always up for a girls night out!!!!

Anonymous said...

DeeDee - the appliqued shirts turned out sooo cute. I love beau's swimming picture- hilarious with all the floating devices! Did Abby remember a lot from the swimming lessons? Miss you can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!!
niki

Courtney said...

I LOVE the outfit!!!!!! You are so sweet to make that for him! I am SO impressed with your sewing. That dress of Abby's out of that fabris is too cute. Of course she got a bloody nose...:) I love Abby's skinny little legs in that t-ball outfit. Precious. Poor Beau in time out. Did Abby get her t-shirt yet??? Yes they have a pink version of the winged letter shirts:) I tried calling you yesterday. I am actually at home until Monday. I will try you again! OH yeah, I am excited Niki is coming to see you too! How fun!

thesemanchiks said...

What a great post! Busy family and I am so glad you all are doing so well!! You are doing a great job with the sewing machine!!!

kma said...

awesome sewing! When should I place my order? HA! I thought about you the other day when I took ford to YOUR park after eating lunch @ Baja! I also love her leg crossed while blowing bubbles! So pretty! Kelly

Julie said...

LOVE the pics! The one of Beau laying on Abby is too cute! I'm so impressed with the dresses and the outfits for Beau turned out so cute!! I'm now embarrassed by my attempt at Beau's shirt! I thought about ya'll all weekend-I checked with Brent's grandparents to see if maybe Shreveport was closer than we thought, no such luck. When we go to Dallas, we will definently make a plan! I'll see you this weekend!