Saturday, September 15, 2007

Back to School


Last Wednesday (September 5th) was Abby's first day back to school ("playcare"). Mommy and Daddy were soooooo excited!! She was pretty excited, too. She got to see all of her old friends and meet some new ones! In the picture she is holding her lovee - I thought that attachment would decrease as she got older. However, it seems to have done the opposite. She is a female Linus with that thing these days. Anyways...Abby is now in the Red Room and has 2 new teachers that we really like. The only part of school Abby complains about these days is her nap. She went right in on her first day and got to playing dress up with her pals. It almost made me kind of sad as she has always been my clingy, dependent child. The only drawback to school starting last Wednesday is that Friday I was called at work to come and get her that morning as she did not feel well. I took her back to work where we learned that she had strep throat! Great! We are still taking her 10 day round of antibiotics, and Mommy just finished hers. Yep, that's right - Mommy started with her fever last Saturday and was sick all last weekend. We had a much better weekend this weekend, thought. We went to the zoo, Maggie Moos, etc.


On other news since I have not blogged in a while. Toby went to our future hometown this weekend in search of a new abode. He toured about 16 houses without out very much luck! Well, I have decided not to worry too much about it and just put it in God's hands. He is most capable and He will provide for us I'm sure. We would appreciate any extra prayers on the this matter from everyone, though! It has been a real challenge trying to take care of really important matters 10 hours away and with 2 kids. Maybe on the next trip down Toby and I can both go, hopefully. We'll see... The good news is Toby went and visited a few schools, and he said the school we went ahead and applied to for Abby is, in his words, "awesome" which makes me feels tons better. It is a little Baptist school that starts in K3 and goes through 8th grade, so she can stay at the same place the whole time we are down there. Now, where to take the little guy...somewhere with wide open spaces for lots of energy...


We are excited about lots of fun things to do over the next month and more. It seems all of our days are filling up quickly with fun plans. Next weekend is a trip east for Amber's little guy's first birthday and a visit with some of Toby's family. The first weekend in October is our annual trip to Gatlinburg for shopping and a UT game with Toby's family. The third weekend in October is Toby (and Michael's) 5 year medical school reunion. The last weekend is my nephew's first birthday party (which they are having at a pumpkin patch here, yay!). Busy, busy...


Forgive me if I fail to post much over the next few weeks, but I will try to do better!

13 comments:

Andrew and Carter's Mom said...

You better be glad you blogged, I was about to tell you that you couldn't read mineanymore until you posted!! Abby looks so sweet and innocent with her little lovy and grin! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend- I miss ya'll!! And yes, I know my child is spoiled- he reminds me of this every day with his attitude!

Courtney said...

Cute pic of Abby! Don't worry, everything will work out! It always does! Y'all are always in my prayers. Can't wait for the birthday party! I got some really cute orange pails with pumpkin cut outs for the party favors...Anyway, talk to you soon.

lyla said...

i can sympathize with the blankie attachment--lilly's is getting worse every day--but you should see HER blanket. it looks like something from a garbage can--stained, holey, nasty, stringy, and falling apart. i am not exaggerating--ask courtney.
maybe i missed something in your blog, but where are you guys moving!? can't wait to see beau and abby and catch up with you at will's party!

thesemanchiks said...

You guys are so busy!! I will be keeping you in my prayers; and I just know that everything will work out! We have to all get together soon though!?! Have a great week!

LB said...

You have been busy! I can't imagine how overwhelmed you must feel with all the upcoming changes that are coming your way! God always provides! We are praying that he will give you peace and guide you in all your decisions.

The Diddles said...

No one knows lovie attachment like me- I had Ashley send me some more before I had Murphy! It was with me through labor and delivery! Murphy has no hope to be normal...haha!

Julie said...

She is so cute! I love all the stories about her!

Courtney said...

Yes, it is true. Lilly's blanket is pretty scary...:)

Anonymous said...

ABBY LOOKS SO CUTE AND INNOCENT IN THIS PICTURE. DO THEY HAVE UNIFORMS? NIKI

Heather B Mc said...

So sorry you guys have been sick. Abby looks super cute in that picture and the luvie thing has been getting worse with Brooks also.

Renee Guest said...

hey. i just got a post from you. email me at renee@babyfacedesign.com and I will be happy to send you some princess party examples!
Thanks for your interest in Baby FAce Design!
Thanks!
Renee

Segadi Family said...

She is such a pretty little girl! Hope you're all doign well!

Andrew and Carter's Mom said...

If you don't post a new blog soon... I don't think I can call you a blogger friend anymore. Also, quit withholding my son's birthday party pics, I know they have to be better than the ones I took!!!